Friday, February 5, 2010

How can you remove super glue, nail glue, crazy glue or any glue of this type from hair?

My (former) beautician (she's actually licensed) had this bright idea to use nail glue on my braids. However, she got a fairly large quantity on my own hair. Does anyone have a tried and true solution that won't leave me bald, or am I going to have to cut my hair?How can you remove super glue, nail glue, crazy glue or any glue of this type from hair?
Sorry, the only way to get that stuff out of your hair is with scissors. If you use a solvent, you have to use something so powerful it would dissolve your hair as well. I can understand why she's your former beautician!!!!How can you remove super glue, nail glue, crazy glue or any glue of this type from hair?
THIS DOESN'T SURPRISE ME I'VE HEARD OF THIS MANY TIMES BEFORE. A LOT OF AFRICAN BRAID SHOPS USE GLUE ON THEIR MICRO BRAIDS INSTEAD OF KNOTTING THEM. I WOULD BE PISSED. LOOKING TO GET MINE DONE THIS WEEK. I BET NOT SEE NO GLUE WITHIN A MILE!

Report Abuse



I THINK U SHOULD LET YOUR HAIR STAY IN WARM WATER FOR A WHILE AND THEN WASH IT.
She isn't the brighest tool in the shed now is she? No clue, go for a new hair cut, it'll always grow out. Yeah I'd kill someone who told me to cut my hair lol.
I am not sure about this, but I have heard that 100% acetone helps with super glue, so you could probably try that at least before you cut your hair.
Are u ******** kidding.... Oh my god I'm sorry but I'm a hairstylist and i would never even think about doing that..... I have no idea what to say cause i don't know ill do more research and get back to you if its not to late
Your beautician was a TOOL! Never use super glue on the braids. DUMB!


I agree about the acetone,give it a shot before cutting your hair. I don't know how much is in your hair,but if it is just in a few spots, you could probably trim it out, not with scissors,but with a hair cutting razor, that way you won't have blunt chop marks in your hair ,the razored pieces would be more blended. Hope the acetone works. Good luck
It's really hard to remove nail glue especially on your hair. You need to go for a nice hair cut then. Don't worry about cutting your hair, it'll grow back. =)
paint thinner... dont let it contact your skin thoug. it hurts.





also, i think loctite has an all-purpose adhesive remover for $8 but if the glue reads ';cyanoacrylate'; i dont think it's possible to remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment